02 November 2009

Stuck inside of Norfolk with the Memphis Blues again...

Well, I will finally update my blog, this time with its original purpose-- to chronicle my adventures in Naval Expeditionary Warfare... (aka doing the Army's job for them). Let's get to the highlights of my last week. In five days, we managed to do about 2-3 real days' worth of work. Probably more like 1.5. We had training on the Army (apparently they do things differently than the NAvy),we had training on fraternization (apparently I'm not supposed to have nefarious affairs with enlisted women), we had briefs I've had a thousand times before. The only thing that surprised me in a positive way was the way we got uniforms. We tried on some uniforms, got measured on Monday. Friday, a nice neat seabag with all my army uniforms is ready for me, complete with my name stitched on the bag.

The nice feeling did not last long, however. The next base I'm supposed to be training at called Norfolk, telling them that they weren't ready for us, and to postpone us for a week. This does not bode well for future planning. So now I'm stuck in Norfolk for an extra week with not even a desk to occupy my time. So here's the run-down of week one....

1. My own army uniforms (pictures to follow)
2. My own gas mask
3. Dog Tags (make this seem all too real)

Well, I expect updates to be slow this week (nothing to do), but next week should be nice and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment